Charlottesville, Scottsville and the surrounding counties of Nelson & Albemarle provide many activities, and High Meadows Inn is situated just ½ mile from the historic and beautiful James River – you can schedule a fly-fishing adventure, canoe, tube or kayak in the summer months – or just take a leisurely stroll around the levee watching the river, trains and sunset.
- over 30 wineries - we provide maps, apps – or try a guided wine tour!
- farms, orchards, cideries. . . many with vistas to the Shenandoah valley and beyond
- hiking along the scenic Blue Ridge Parkway
- tubing, kayaking, canoeing or fishing on the James River
- dining. . . Charlottesville is one of the nation’s first ‘farm-to-table’ cities, and Scottsville is home to many old family farms that supply the area chefs
- major historical sites – Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello (a World Heritage Site), James Monroe’s Ashlawn-Highland, the University of Virginia, Michie Tavern, and historic Court Square are just a few.
Vineyard Exploration – Some of our favorites